Excerpts From the Pyramid Texts
The Ancient Egyptian Pyramid Texts Translated into English
by R. O. Faulkner, Aris & Phillips, Warminster, England, 1969
I say by Nut, the brilliant, the great: This is my son, my first born, opener of my womb; this is my beloved, with whom I have been satisfied.
O King, I have come in search of you, for I am Horus; I have struck your mouth for you, for I am your beloved son; I have split open your mouth for you. I announce him to his mother when she laments him, I announce him to her who was joined to him. Your mouth is in good order, for I have adjusted your mouth to your bones.
My detestation is hunger, and I will never eat it. My detestation is thirst, and I will never drink it. It is indeed I who will give bread to those who exist, for my foster-mother is Iat and it is she who nourishes me, it is indeed she who bore me. I was conceived in the night, I was born in the night, I belong to those who are in the suite of Ra, who are before the Morning Star. I was conceived in the Abyss, I was born in the Abyss; I have come and I have brought to you the bread which I found there.
O Thoth, go and proclaim to the western gods and their spirits: `This King comes indeed, an imperishable spirit, adorned with Anubis on the neck, who presides over the Western Height. He claims hearts, he has power over hearts. Whom he wishes to live will live; whom he wishes to die will die.’
My limbs which were in concealment are reunited, and I join those who are in the Abyss, I put a stop to the affair in On, for I go forth today in the real form of a living spirit, that I may break up the fight and cut off the turbulent ones. I come forth, the guardian of justice, that I may bring it, it being with me; the wrathful ones bustle about for me and those who are in the Abyss assign life to me.
How lovely to see! How pleasing to behold! say they, namely the gods, when this god ascends to the sky, when you ascend to the sky with your power upon you, your terror about you, and your magic at your feet. Geb has acted on your behalf in accordance with the manner in which things should be done for you.
The king declares his right to join the gods: An Onite (character) is in me, O! God; your Onite (character) is in me, O! God; an Onite (character) is in me, O! Ra; your Onite (character) is in me, O! Ra. My mother is an Onite, my father is an Onite, and I myself am an Onite, born in On when Ra was ruler of the Two Enneads and the ruler of the plebs was Nefertem, (even I) who have no equal, the heir of my father Geb.
O! King, your head is knit to your bones for you, and your bones are knit to your head for you. The doors of the sky are opened to you, the great bolts are drawn back for you, the brick is drawn out of the great tomb for you.
O! Osiris the King, Geb has given you your eyes, that you may be content with the eyes of this Great One in you; Geb has caused that Horus give them to you, so that you may be pleased with them. Isis and Nephthys have seen and found you, Horus has reassembled you, Horus has caused Isis and Nephthys to protect you, they have given you to Horus and he is pleased with you. It goes well with Horus in your company in your name of `Horizon from which Ra goes forth’; in your embrace in your name of `Inmate of the Palace’. You have closed your arms about him, and his bones are in due order, his heart is proud.
O! Osiris the King, mount up to Horus, betake yourself to him, do not be far from him. Horus has come that he may recognize you; he has smitten Seth for you bound, and you are his fate. Horus has driven him off for you, for you are greater than he; he swims bearing you; he lifts up one who is greater than he in you, and his followers have seen you, that your strength is greater than his, so that they cannot thwart you. Horus comes and recognizes his father in you, you being young in your name of ‘Fresh Water’; Horus has split open your mouth for you.
O! King, do not languish, do not groan, for Geb has brought Horus to you that he may claim their hearts for you; he has brought all the gods to you at once, and there is none of them who can escape from him. Horus has protected you, and he will not fail to protect you; Horus has wrested his Eye from Seth and has given it to you, (even) this his sweet Eye. Make it come back to you, assign it to yourself, and may it belong to you. Isis has reassembled you, the heart of Horus is glad about you in this your name of ‘Foremost of the Westerners’, and it is Horus who will make good what Seth has done to you.
- facingshadow reblogged this from newageofhorus
- facingshadow likes this
- way-of-the-panther likes this
- egyptianfunerary reblogged this from newageofhorus
- alphakye reblogged this from lucidvenusian
- ishiganto likes this
- lucidvenusian reblogged this from newageofhorus
- weblyra likes this
- angelicdust likes this
- thestonewriter likes this
- in-the-garden-of-the-owl reblogged this from thingsgotwyrd
- thingsgotwyrd reblogged this from newageofhorus
- atrophicyouth likes this
- godfatherofslander reblogged this from ritterlied
- heliumroe likes this
- sharpbrighttactical likes this
- succubusteeth likes this
- humancesspit likes this
- krackenos reblogged this from milogoes-tocollege
- tottor likes this
- jumentum likes this
- krawalltimmy likes this
- krawalltimmy reblogged this from ritterlied
- godfatherofslander likes this
- milogoes-tocollege reblogged this from ritterlied
- ritterlied likes this
- lord-thundercastle likes this
- uppercrustpunkc likes this
- zergone reblogged this from nightspeech
- fuckyeahelvislives likes this
- capricornios likes this
- mercurialscreamer likes this
- heretic-hag reblogged this from allmenarerapists
- dreadanddespair likes this
- nukethefuckingfuture likes this
- seawitchnoize reblogged this from for-madmen-only
- badbrainwaves reblogged this from for-madmen-only
- greyusurper likes this
- droneinginalone reblogged this from trap-them-and-kill-them
- demoniality likes this
- hiddenhorns likes this
- clydammit reblogged this from trap-them-and-kill-them
- clydammit likes this
- trap-them-and-kill-them reblogged this from for-madmen-only
- trap-them-and-kill-them likes this
- for-madmen-only reblogged this from allmenarerapists and added:
- allmenarerapists reblogged this from lucifer242
- lucifer242 reblogged this from newageofhorus and added:
- lucifer242 likes this
- mantarraio likes this