- In the name of the Lord of Initiation, Amen.
- I fly and I alight as an hawk: of mother-of-emerald are my mighty-sweeping wings.
- I swoop down upon the black earth; and it gladdens into green at my coming.
- Children of Earth! rejoice! rejoice exceedingly; for your salvation is at hand.
- The end of sorrow is come; I will ravish you away into mine unutterable joy.
- I will kiss you, and bring you to the bridal: I will spread a feast before you in the house of happiness.
- I am not come to rebuke you, or to enslave you.
- I bid you not turn from your voluptuous ways, from your idleness, from your follies.
- But I bring you joy to your pleasure, peace to your languor, wisdom to your folly.
- All that ye do is right, if so be that ye enjoy it.
- I am come against sorrow, against weariness, against them that seek to enslave you.
- I pour you lustral wine, that giveth you delight both at the sunset and the dawn.
VEL HAMUS HERMETICUS
Art: Elen by Judith Page.